Call for Abstracts, WAPOR Regional Seminar
"Transnational Connections – Challenges and Opportunities for Communication and Public Opinion Research"
Segovia, Spain March 17-18, 2011
The World Association for Public Opinion Research will hold a spring regional seminar, “Challenges and Opportunities for Communication and Public Opinion Research” as part of the international Transnational Connections symposium series in Segovia, Spain.
We invite scholars and practitioners with sociological, psychological, political science and/or communications science background to submit abstracts and panel proposals that revolve around the main conference topics:
* Media coverage and public opinion – antecedents and consequences
* Polarization, fragmentation, and conflict
* New media, public opinion and political participation
* Deliberation, political discussion, social network heterogeneity
* Media exposure, selectivity
* Public opinion (mis)perception
* Non-political media and public opinion
* Social movements and grassroots organizing
* Electoral campaigns and public opinion
* Studying public opinion in challenging environments
* Novel approaches to studying public opinion
Abstracts should include a general description of the research paper or panel (research topic, questions or hypotheses, methods and results), up to 5 keywords as well as full contact information (mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number) and affiliation for each co-author on a separate sheet. The abstract should not exceed 500 words.
Deadline for proposals: 1 December 2010